Product Specialist / Analyst (Pharma)
Actively support Purchase Manager in understanding customers’ requirements clearly, preparation of documentation for bidding process, coordinating with suppliers, and keeping up to date with the latest clinical data in related therapy area.
- Assist Procurement Manager (PM) in the tendering process from preparation of tendering documentation right through to contract award
- Prepare tender documentation including products, services, quantities, delivery deadlines, terms, and conditions.
- Issue RfP, manage, and follow up on specific Tenders and Evaluate results and vendor feedback.
- Following & Handling any tasks provided by the Procurement Manager within the related function
- Defines the requirements of requested supplies with contract term
- Instructs and ensures tender specifications are complete and in an acceptable format.
- Ensures that tender specifications and terms are followed
- Arranges for delivery dates and notifies appropriate Supplies Department of due date
- Maintain database of key accounts and develop relationship with customers in order to understand their requirements
- Develop relationship with Suppliers and follow up with logistics department to coordinate delivery of goods in terms agreed
- To provide the PM with accurate and timely reports.
- Experience in sourcing both pharmaceuticals, medical devices and equipment
- 2-5 years of pharmaceutical distribution and tenders. Pharmacist preferred
- Experience of medical logistics and pharmaceutical supply chain systems
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Pharmacy, or equivalent pharmacy qualification
- Valid Saudi driving license & transferable iqama
- Ability to communicate in English (written/verbal)
- Ability to write and handle business correspondence
- Native Arabic speaker preferred
- Ability to develop documents conforming legal drafting and contracting framework
- Strong follow up & coordination
- Deadline committed
- Familiarity with medical/pharmaceutical terminology
- Proficient in working with Microsoft word, excel and power point