Procurement / Purchase Manager (Medical Devices)
Responsible for developing and growing Company’s medical devices distribution business from preparing strategy, identifying leading suppliers and developing commercial relations to leading the sales team implement strategy and achieve set targets within assigned timeframe.
- The Procurement Manager is fully accountable for the P&L and achievement of Plan goals.
- Understand, study and analyze the client requirements for medical equipment/items
- Negotiating tenders and direct purchasing opportunities with government’s, military, police, private and educational institutions.
- Research the best solutions and the most competitive equipment based on client’s requirement
- Prepare sales order
- Lead supplier selection and pre-qualification process globally
- Prepare “Request for Quotation" RfQ documents, analyze and compare responses from suppliers / vendors of all prices, delivery dates, terms and conditions
- Lead strategic supplier relationship management to continually identify process improvements and cost reduction opportunities
- Plan the delivery in coordination with all suppliers and with supply chain department, acting as a liaison
- Develop and implement workflow and logistics processes
- Work directly with distributors on order completion and delivery
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in medical equipment procurement activities within KSA
- Good knowledge of medical equipment available in the market, able to understand and compare specifications for different equipment
- Extensive knowledge of pharmaceuticals related quality systems such as GDP and GMP
- General knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Data analysis, problem solving and decision making
- Negotiation skills
- Strong communication & influence skills; Native Arabic speaker preferred
- Ability to develop documents conforming legal drafting and contracting framework
- Proficient in working with Microsoft word, excel and power point
- Strong self-motivation and high professional Ethics