Procurement / Purchase Manager (Pharma)
Responsible for successful bidding for government tenders, acquisition of new business and coordinating and developing suppliers base internationally to meet the client’s requirements.
- The Procurement Manager is fully accountable for the P&L and achievement of Plan goals.
- Well versed with the system of government tenders and procurement
- Provide guidance, analysis & management of the tendering process from preparation of tender documentation right through to contract award
- Negotiating tenders and direct purchasing opportunities with government’s, military, police, private and educational institutions.
- Analyze tender documentation including products, services, quantities, delivery deadlines, terms, and conditions.
- Control the bid & proposal cycle from start to completion, including any materials required to be submitted to the customer
- Have good relations with key persons to control decision making inside accounts.
- Understand the tender timeline and develops a schedule plan to meet relevant milestones on time
- Lead supplier selection and pre-qualification process globally
- Prepare “Request for Quotation" RfQ documents, analyze and compare responses from suppliers / vendors of all prices, delivery dates, terms and conditions
- Lead strategic supplier relationship management to continually identify process improvements and cost reduction opportunities
- Advice on contract and agreements for the supply of pharmaceuticals with new and existing suppliers
- Develop, evaluate or lead internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional team
- Conduct quality control and pharmacovigilence activities, when deemed necessary or as an element of routine supplier management
- Develop and implement workflow and logistics processes
- Work directly with distributors on order completion and delivery
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Pharmacy, or equivalent pharmacy qualification
- 4-6 years of pharmaceutical distribution and tenders. Pharmacist preferred
- Experience in sourcing of pharmaceuticals from leading global manufacturers & suppliers
- Experience of medical logistics and pharmaceutical supply chain systems
- Extensive knowledge of pharmaceuticals related quality systems such as GDP and GMP
- General knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Data analysis, problem solving and decision making
- Negotiation skills
- Strong communication & influence skills; Native Arabic speaker preferred
- Ability to develop documents conforming legal drafting and contracting framework
- Proficient in working with Microsoft word, excel and power point
- Strong self-motivation and high professional Ethics